Friday, June 29, 2007

A plan, ideas, and who knows?


Keri,

Action plans or my classroom….

I love blogging and have already set up five sites for my classes….my gifted sites I will begin using this summer to find out how my students work with blogging, catch up with what they are doing and planting seeds with writing and project ideas for this year.

Video, poetry, and genre…I have wanted to compile an Anthology of Hollister for a few years now. Showing students ways to communicate their history and their experiences in a variety of formats is perfect.

I will incorporate journaling daily in a variety of ways – I will use poetry often.

Too much to say…I’ll posts my results!

Also….


I am very interested in helping with and continuing the efforts of the National Writing Project.

Areas I feel I might be able to contribute:

Gifted Education and Differentiated Instruction (I’m big on this!!!)

Writing with Art and Specialty Subject Areas

Brochure/Newsletter Design (any type of print media – estimates, layout, coordination, all parts)

Direct Mail or Email contact and list management – flyers, database management, and mail lists….


I am open! These are areas I feel very comfortable with and enjoy immensely


Areas I would like to Explore:

I would like to write for publication

Demonstrations

Advocacy

Attend a variety of NWP opportunities


Thanks for everything, this has been incredible. Great job Keri,


Shelly

2 comments:

Laura Burdette said...

Shelly,

I noticed while we were talking about your demo that we both rely on the same text for differentiated instruction. I also attended a presentation in ST. LOUIS last school year. My area is primarily with at-risk (A counselor friend and I designed, implemented, and ran an intervention program for at-risk incoming freshmen to teach resiliency and skills for high school success.) I've also read a few Gifted books this school year such as GUIDING THE GIFTED CHILD, SMART GIRLS TWO: A NEW PSYCHOLOGY OF GIRLS, WOMEN AND GIFTEDNESS, and HOW TO PARENT SO CHILDREN WILL LEARN....maybe we could work together on differentiating across the student spectrum????

Laura

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Shelly...I want to link your blogsites to mine. Five sites already...that is AWESOME!! I'm impressed!

I love the anthology idea and I think I'm now motivated enough to steal it!! :) Maybe this year I will make a true anthology of artwork and writing. I need to get a plan of attack in motion this summer.

I think the field is WIDE open to write articles on how writing and art are mingled together. I hope you know how valuable of a resource you are with your abilities and with your willingness to bring writing into your classroom. To teachers like all the Fellows, it's only natural that these two disciplines marry, but to the content-driven world where art programs are dropped and SAT/ACT/MAP writing scores are priority, it doesn't fit. So again, I think the field is wide open for professional articles on this topic. Go for it! You have a lot to say and you say it well.