Friday, June 15, 2007

week in review

well.......deep breath......ok....long week...

New ideas...too many - probably teaching students to have ownership in their writing - the blog spot, not leaving out the "I" in their writing, poetry, great stuff.

Ways I contributed...don't have a clue, maybe blogging our letter to Barb?

Questions raised in my mind. How will I keep my excitement for this going - when I leave here will the blogging, reading other work, writing on my own, and teaching be enough?

Feelings I have experienced. I was amazed at the sentence poetry - there were several poems that were so full of love they really touched me. thanks. also exhaustion, guilt, doubt, power...an interesting week.

Thought I have about how our small group works - I think we are a good group - a good mix and I am always surprised at some of our talks - still learning so much about everyone.

Insights about myself as a writer - one day I come home and think, jeeze I'm awesome. The next....I'm really not that unique - common....I feel like my writing needs time and I need experience. This week is giving me both.

Shelly

No comments: