Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Thank you for reminding me...


To colleagues, writers, friends, and all the fascinating faces and voices of the National Writing Project of the Ozarks - THANK YOU!.

This summer's experience is exactly what I have needed - a reminder that I am still a teacher, still excited about sharing what I do, who I am, who my students. I am on a journey to discover that I am not just some overworked workaholic unfortunately incarcerated and drowning in "and duties as assigned." It is time to compartmentalize and remember why I am in the classroom, why I love to learn, and why I love to teach.

I am anxious to know you as teachers, friends, and writers. To eat with you, write with you, share with you. What do you know? I can hardly wait to find out! What do you want from me? Oh, please just ask!

~Kelly

4 comments:

Keri said...

Hi, Kelly,
I've missed talking to you this week. I'm glad everything is going well. I would like to compliment you on your expertise with the link to the NWP site. You are a pro!

Are you coming to the writing retreat in the fall?

Anonymous said...

Of course! I will be there with bells on. The question really is...will you let me help? Kel

Ashlei said...

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

You drive me to be a better teacher.

Thanks.

JCSatz said...

I agree! It's the closest I am going to get this summer to a room of my own. . . JoAnn Satzinger