Wednesday, June 13, 2007

a professional and personal note


At the national conference (NCTE) several presentations mentioned the prevalence of blogging in classrooms across the country. Really? I thought. hmmm...I called former students and asked about experiences in college and discovered that many were expected to blog as part of the coursework. I am currently negotiating with my administration to blog with the seniors.
...oh, the dog...this is Molly, our havanese (kind of like an eleven pound sheep dog). It was the only breed that I could find online that conformed to my husband's Dog Criteria: no barking, nipping, hunting, no terrier behavior of any kind, no chewing, no shedding...must sit and watch tv with him. Molly's pups left for their new homes last week; and Lane, who is seven going on forty-five, asked if she was old enough to remember the experience. When I said, yes, she sighed, "Good, I was so afraid that I would forget. Let me take one more picture." Thirty-seven pictures later, we handed the puppies to their new owners and cleaned house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, what a wonderful story of change and life moving on. Lane is an old soul with a large heart - how wonderful!

We should explore new blogging experiences together! ~Kelly

JCSatz said...

Laura, I hope you gain "permission" to blog. The whole issue fascinates me. I can't believe that your furry-furry friend does not shed. Aren't pets great?! Also, I enjoyed sharing Cinderella with you today :) JoAnn Satzinger