Friday, July 11, 2008

Help us help you!

Good morning, Fellows! It was so great to be a part of your SI yesterday, and I am so honored to be getting to know you and figuring out what we can build together as I support you as your Inservice Coordinator. You are about to enter into the exciting world of being a Teacher Consultant for the Ozarks Writing Project! What an overwhelming and thrilling endeavor; I remember this feeling well. In fact, I still feel these emotions when presented with the opportunities and possibilities presented to me from my experience at SI 2007.

From what you heard yesterday regarding Summer Institute, Advanced Institute, Writing Retreats, Youth Writing Camps, Saturday Seminars, Literacy Academy, Write to Learn, Embedded Institutes, and the other learning and networking opportunities, I am here to help you realize your potential through the Ozarks Writing Project. Did anything you have heard about so far excite your creativity and create a desire to know more information?

Thank you, it will be my pleasure to utilize your research and work as inservice opportunities are developed through the OWP. If you hear of any professional development or inservice needs in your building or school district, please contact me right away and you can help me organize a partnership with your building! These partnerships will allow you to share your demos with teachers and administrators all across southern Missouri! These partnerships will also create opportunities to develop projects in your building or district about which you feel passionately, just like the Youth Writing Camp I developed in my district. So, what information you give me here will "help me help you"!

Respectfully,
Liz Salchow
Inservice Coordinator, OWP

No comments: