Friday, July 11, 2008

Action Plan 2008

What is your plan of action in the fall? My goals are to write every day, to share, to write different genres, and to share my own writing with students.
What’s your plan for your own writing? I plan to write more, give myself assignments, and attempt to publish another professional article.
How will your classroom look differently daily? Weekly? Monthly? We will do more informal writing and we will share by using the author's chair. I like the ideas of portfolios.
Discuss the process of creating your demo and what you discovered through that process. I discovered that my topic was very broad and difficult to organize with the limited amount of time and resources.
How will you incorporate your demo in the fall? As I always do: we will learn basic grammar, practice it, integrate it as we go along, with the goal of mastery always in mind.
What kinds of student writing samples can you collect? Reflective pieces, journal entries, article summaries, poetry in a grammar class could be very fun.
How has your writing project experience affected your plan? It has refined my current practices. I will incorporate more writing of every kind into my teaching, although there is a lot already (too much according to my students). We will do more sharing of our writing.
How will you use other demonstrations? I will share these methods with my English education majors. I want to use writing to build even more community in my classes.
Please list several demos that you saw that you will integrate into your classroom. Writing communities, writing territories, poetry, writing workshop, blogging, blogging without technology.
Based on our brief conversations and your new knowledge of OWP programs, what areas interest you? Presenting at a conference, attending a conference, working with the youth writing camp, working with Camp Lookout at C of O to add a writing program.
Who would you nominate for certain areas? Take a look at the NWP website for information on NWP special programs such as the NWP Professional Writing Retreat and others, or take a look at the OWP web page for a list of some of our programs. Genesis should go to the Writers' Retreat at C of O; Katrina would be a good candidate for the youth writing camp and to present at the Write to Learn conference. Debbie would also be a good candidate to present at a conference.

No comments: