Thursday, May 08, 2008

Demo

Well, Kim's demo was a lot of fun to participate in, even if I still flunk crayon. It really reminded me that it's better to behave as if everyone is as deaf as I am. My hearing put me in a position that I survived mostly by asking people at the table and reading the handout. Keri knows what I'm talking about, for those of you who don't, the short version is I'm partially deaf. I honestly have to say that was the most fun I've had on research for a while. As for mine, I'm either doing a roundtable-style written discussion or parallel poetry. Yes, the technique in Breakthroughs, I've seen it before, love it, and my professor actually handed me that exact William Carlos Williams poem to work from. I'm still a bit undecided, but if you were to look up ambivalence in the dictionary, I believe you'd see a picture of me with the caption "See this guy... we think."

1 comment:

Mr. Neuburger said...

Just want you to know I understand the hearing thing. As people become more aware of your hearing impairment, I think they will be more than willing to help you out when you don't hear. That has been the case for me anyway. I look forward to seeing more on how your demo ideas come along.