Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The classroom blog is up!

School starts in two days and everything is coming together nicely. After watching Barb and Keri three or four times do demos on blogging, I finally have everything in place to implement a classroom blog. It has not been an easy task, but my powers of persuasion, if you describe kneeling , pleading, and crying as powers, have finally paid off. I was very excited the first time I saw the blogging demo. My biggest frustration came when I realized I would have to wait a year to try it in my classroom. Well, it is finished and you are welcome to take a look. I would love any comments that might make the blog better.

http://www.millerhighschool.blogspot.com/

I am still looking for a video hosting sight. I can't convince the powers to unblock Youtube. So, if you know of one, please let me know. I am using Google video right now, but their site is still somewhat primitive.

Good luck this year. I look forward to seeing everyone at our fall meeting.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Larry...it looks great. I couldn't resist and had to comment on Mr. G's post. :) Good luck.

Liz Salchow said...

Hey Larry! You are off to a great start! Your students will love it! Good luck as you head back this week. Talk to you soon!

Ms. James said...

Wow! I am indeed impressed. I love the title of your blog. Arlo Guthrie would be proud. (This dates me, but then, what doesn't?)

Sounds and looks like you are off to an awesome start. Thanks for sharing the link to your blog. Let Katiedog know if you ever need guest bloggers!

Ms. James said...

Hum...awesome title and very cool weblog. As to David Geurin's suggestions, I vote for #2, the "counter culture." This could be seen two ways: "counter culture" as in kitchen counter, or "counter culture" as in the 60's and Arlo Guthrie and Woodstock. Either way, it works for me! Well done!

Susan M&M said...

Larry, I love it. A great blog site. And I like the name even better. I'm with Barb, dated maybe, but a great title.

Mr. G has given some pretty impressive reasons.

Good luck with the site.

Susan

Mr. Neuburger said...

We will soon be reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, another reason for the "Alice" theme. I appreciate your comments. Check back when you can and I hope you'll find some lively student discussion.

Liz Salchow said...

Hey Larry...I went on to check out your blog and see how it's going, but I couldn't read it as it's only open to invited readers.... I'm sad... :-(