Sunday, September 30, 2007

Thanks

I had a great time seeing everyone yesterday. Thank you again for everything that you have taught me. I haven't integrated all that I would like, but this short refresher, and seeing how others have have done things in their classroom was a great motivator. This morning I changed the entire landscape of my plans for the rest of the semester, which is possible now thanks to SPS suspending the middle of the year testing. Without that crap over my head, I feel more free to explore.
I am stoked about all of the cool opportunities coming up, and hope to participate as often as possible.
Thanks for changing who I am as a teacher.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was seconds away from posting an entry about yesterday and what a great day Keri and I had and hoped everyone else did as well...and then this post popped up on my e-mail. So I thought I'd scrap mine and comment on yours...so "well said, Thomas."

The words Keri and I kept repeating to each other over and over before the day started were "RENEWAL, REJUVENATE, REFRESH, ACCOMPLISHED, APPRECIATED." Our goal was that everyone would walk away realizing the vast amount they had accomplished with their students and within their own professional lives. Additionally, we wanted this day to be a refresher...and one where you would feel appreciated as a teacher (and many of you should, did you note how nearly everyone has used, borrowed, stolen something from someone else? And that feels so good to know you've helped out a colleague.)

We hope all of you walked away motivated to continue your year with your students and inspired to be a teacher leader in your community of peers.

I know I keep speaking for Keri here, but she and I walked away like giddy school girls who just got notes from boys at recess.

We were humbled by the display of work and knowledge through the Action Plans. More so, we were encouraged by the patterns and growth we saw emerging through all the TC's.

Finally, what an awesome experience it was for me personally. From Fellow, to TC, to Presenter, to Institute Co-Facilitator, I feel that "full circle" moment finally happening after five years of being involved with the NWP. Thanks to you, Thomas, for posting this and to all of you, for being my inspirational colleagues...my classroom lifeline.

(P.S. Fresh pictures will be up soon.)

Mr. Mythology said...

It was very enjoyable indeed. Everyone should definitely keep in touch. (This is Zak, by the way.)

Mr. Neuburger said...

Go get 'em Thomas. I am glad you are a part of this great experience. It will be even better next summer! Twist Josh's arm and get him to come.